Thermal circuits may be more or less complex depending on the working pressures, the type of make-up water going into the system, how the steam will be used, the characteristics of the users, the length of the distribution lines, the amount of condensate recovered, etc.
In all cases, the treatment of such circuits requires a specific knowledge of the problems present in the pressurized plants and an adequate chemical control of the process parameters.
From an economic point of view, the conditioning treatment is a paltry item compared to energy costs, but it is crucial for preserving the plant’s value. A proper treatment programme is necessary and essential in order to prevent serious corrosion, scaling, overheating and plant downtime problems. At the same time, fuel consumption can be optimised.
NCR Biochemical takes a comprehensive approach to the conditioning programme by evaluating each key issue and applying its own formulations:
- De-oxygenating substances and corrosion inhibitors for high and medium pressures
- De-oxygenating substances and corrosion inhibitors compliant with the FDA (Food and Drugs Administration) for producing steam in contact with foods
- Internal conditioning agents with scale-inhibiting and dispersant effect to thoroughly clean the steaming surfaces and maintenance of the heat exchange
- Non-volatile alkalising and de-alkalising substances
- Volatile conditioning agents and alkalising substances for totally protect the entire Water-Steam-Condensate network from corrosion
- Multi-purpose formulations for their simplicity of use
NCR Biochemical offers a comprehensive range of products able to operate with any type of feed water and working pressure.
The treatment programme includes a complete assessment of the process and management parameters, chemical analysis of the water, operator training in order to preserve the value of the plant and energy savings, in full compliance with the regulations in force.
Flue gas side
Our treatment programmes include additives and services that can help minimise fuel and operating costs while reducing overall environmental impact and the simultaneous reduction of damage caused by deposits and acid corrosion (in particular to the economisers).
Correct fuel treatment is an undertaking to reduce pollution and to pay extra attention to environmental issues
NCR Biochemical has devised liquid and granular formulation-based treatment programmes capable of improving the combustion conditions of heavy oils, gas oils, coal and alternative solid fuels (waste, processing waste, biofuels, etc.):
- Asphaltene dispersants to improve conditions of stability, storage, heavy oil transportation and to prevent fouling of the lines, naphtha preheaters and burners
- Combustion catalysts to foster complete oxidation of carbon and, as a result, the elimination of dust in the stack
- Scale inhibitors to prevent the formation of vanadium-sodium salts on the heat exchange surfaces in the high temperature zones and to neutralise the unburned deposits in the low temperature zones
- Corrosion inhibitors to prevent corrosion in the high and low temperature zones of the boilers
- Conditioning agents for waste to energy plants to reduce fusions, fouling in the heat recovery zones, and corrosion in high and low temperature
- Additives for gas fuel to control the crystallisation of the paraffins in low temperature conditions
- Analyses of flue gasses and fuels to identify the best treatment according to actual plant conditions.