CONTROL OF PITCH AND STICKIES
The introduction of resinous and synthetic contaminants coming from the pulp or recycled pulp into the production cycle creates significant problems of deposits, especially on wire and felt. NCR Biochemical technology remedies these drawbacks by using two alternative or complementary methods:
1) Fixing the whole of the contaminants by using specific additives that neutralise pitch and stickies when they come out of the fibres and anchor them firmly to the fibres, simultaneously reducing their typical adhesiveness
2) A surface protection for forming fabrics and wet felts using specific products performing a passivating and emollient action which creates a film that repels pitch and stickies and removes the deposits.
A complete programme to keep all surfaces treated clean:
- Avoiding annoying machine stoppages to remove deposits
- Increasing the life of the paper machine equipment
- Achieving an overall reduction of production costs and an improvement in the quality of the paper produced
The NCR Biochemical technical service includes analysis of the deposits, and a study of the circuit and production chemistry.